LAWN MOWING AND TRIMMING
Pohatcong Township, a municipal corporation whose address is, 50 Municipal Drive, Phillipsburg, New Jersey 08865, herein solicits quotes from qualified individuals or business entities pursuant to the Local Public Contract Law N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1, et seq. for services and labor as hereinafter described.
FACILITIES MOWING SPECIFICATIONS
Each bidder shall submit a lump sum bid to mow and trim the following municipal properties.
• Huntington I
• Huntington II
• Crestwood (includes mowing down behind the lower park area every other week)
• Warren Glen
• Alpha Lawn Annex (includes 7-1/2 feet area outside fence on westerly side)
Provide a quote for the total of the above listed Municipal Parks and a per cut rate for each park as specified under Scope of Labor and Services below.
SCOPE OF LABOR AND SERVICES
• Lawn mowing and trimming a minimum of once per week for the period commencing April 8, 2019 and ending November 4, 2019.
• The Recreation Director shall have the discretion to establish the lawn mowing and trimming schedule to facilitate the use of the parks by the various youth recreational leagues.
The Township shall reserve the right to require additional cuttings as may be required to address any excessive growth caused by the weather.
All areas mowed shall be cut to a height not less than 3 inches and not more than 4 inches. No area shall be left uncut for more than ten (10) days. String trimming shall be undertaken in all locations, as necessary to maintain a neat appearance. All areas shall be maintained in a clump-free condition, with all small sticks up to 6 inches in diameter picked up and disposed.
Contact DPW Supervisor Donald Grube (610) 972-8403 or Asst. DPW Supervisor Jeffrey Loveatz (908) 329-5700 for further information on the properties or requirements if needed.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
• All proposals shall be received at the Pohatcong Township Clerk’s Office, Attn: Wanda Kutzman, 50 Municipal Drive, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 on or before March 5, 2019, at 3:00 p.m.
UPON AWARD OF CONTRACT
• Provide proof of:
a. Vendor’s Business Registration as required by New Jersey Statute and
b. Certificates of Insurance evidencing that vendor is maintaining the following described insurances with insurance carriers, acceptable to Township (i) General Liability Insurance with limits of not less than Five Hundred Thousand ($500,000.00) Dollars any one person and One Million (1,000,000.00) Dollars for any one accident for death or bodily injury and Five Hundred Thousand ($500,000.00) Dollars aggregate for property damage, (ii) Worker’s Compensation Insurance covering all employees engaged in performance of the contract pursuant to N.J.S.A. 34:15-12(a) and N.J.A.C. 12:235-1.6.
c. The liability policy shall name the Township as an additional insured.